Railways recently announced the second set of 200 trains that will operate from June 1. Ministry of Railways has decided that train services shall be further partially restored from June 1, 2020. These trains shall run from June 1 and booking of all these trains commenced from 10 am on May 21.
As per the ministry notification, these will be fully reserved trains having both AC and non-AC classes. General (GS) coaches shall also have reserved seats for sitting. There will be no unreserved coach on the train. Fare shall be as normal and for General (GS) coaches, being reserved, second seating(2S) fare shall be charged and seat will be provided to all the passengers.
IRCTC special trains: Ticket booking, Tatkal tickets, cancellation and refund rules:
1. Only online e-ticketing will be done through the IRCTC website or app. Tickets can also be booked through computerized PRS counters, including at Post Offices, Yatri Ticket Suvidha Kendras. Booking of tickets through ‘agents’ is not be permitted.
2. The ARP (advance reservation period) shall be a maximum of 30 days.
3. RAC and Waitlist will be generated as per existing rules. However, waiting list ticket holders shall not be permitted to board the train.
4. No unreserved (UTS) tickets will be issued and no tickets will be issued on board during the journey.
5. No tatkal and premium tatkal booking shall be permitted in these trains.
The first chart shall be prepared at least 4 hours before the scheduled departure and the second chart shall be prepared at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure. The only online current booking shall be permitted in between first and second chart preparation.
1. All passengers will be screened and only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to enter /board the train.
2. Only passengers with confirmed tickets shall be allowed to enter the station.
3. All passengers must wear face covers/masks at the entry and during travel.
4. Passengers are required to reach the station at least 90 minutes in advance to facilitate thermal screening at the station.
5. Passengers shall observe social distancing both at the station and on trains.
6. On arrival at their destination, the traveling passengers will have to adhere to such health protocols as are prescribed by the destination state/UT.
All quotes are permitted in these special trains as has been permitted in Regular trains. The limited number of reservation (PRS) counters shall be operated for this purpose. However, normal ticket booking cannot be done through these counters.
IRCTC train ticket cancellation and refund rules: As per MHA guidelines, all passengers shall be compulsorily screened and only asymptomatic passengers shall be allowed to enter/board the train. If during screening a passenger has a very high temperature/symptoms of Covid-19 etc., they will not be allowed to travel despite having confirmed tickets.
In such a case, a full refund shall be provided to the passenger as under:-
1. On PNR having a single passenger.
2. On a party ticket if one passenger is found unfit to travel and also all other passengers on the same PNR do not want to travel in that case full refund shall be granted for all passengers.
3. On a party ticket if one passenger is found unfit to travel however other passengers on the PNR want to travel in that case full refund of fare shall be granted to the passenger who was not allowed to travel.
For all specified cases, TTE certificates shall be issued to the passenger at the entry/checking/screening point itself mentioning “Number of passengers not traveled due to symptoms of Covid-19 in one or more passengers”. After getting TTE certificates, online TDR shall be filed for a refund of not traveled passengers, within 10 days from the date of journey and the original
TTE certificate issued shall be sent by the passenger to IRCTC and full fare for the part passenger/full who have not traveled shall be refunded by IRCTC in the customer’s account.
IRCTC train list:
No catering charges shall be included in the fare. Provision for pre-paid meal booking, e-catering is disabled. However, IRCTC shall make provision for limited eatables and packaged drinking water on a payment basis only in limited trains, having a Pantry car attached. Passengers are encouraged to carry their own food and drinking water.
All static catering and vending units (multi-purpose stalls, Bookstalls, Misc./Chemist stalls, etc) at stations will remain open. In the case of Food Plaza and Refreshments rooms etc, cooked items may be served as taking away only with no sit-down eating arrangements in place.
Linen and Blanket:
No Linen, blankets, and curtains shall be provided inside the train. Passengers are advised to carry their own linen for the travel. The temperature inside AC coaches shall be suitably regulated for this purpose.
Aarogya Setu app mandatory:
All passengers must download and use the Aarogya Setu application. Passengers are advised to travel light. As per MHA guidelines, the movement of the passengers, as well as the driver of the vehicle transporting the passengers to and fro the railway station, shall be allowed on the basis of the confirmed e-ticket.
(With inputs from timesnownews)