In view of rising coronavirus cases in the state, the Uddhav Thackeray-led government on Monday announced that the ongoing lockdown in Maharashtra will be extended till July 31. In an official statement, Maharashtra govt said that concerned District Collectors and Commissioners of the Municipal Corporations in the state may enforce certain measures and necessary restrictions in specified local areas on the permitted non-essential activities and movement of persons to control the pandemic.
The government said that considering the local conditions the concerned District Collector and the Commissioners of the Municipal Corporations in the State may enforce certain measures and necessary restrictions in specified local areas on the permitted non-essential activities and the movement of persons to contain the spread of the epidemic.
National Directive for COVID-19 Management
- Face coverings – wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, in workplaces and during transport.
- Social distancing – individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet (2 G Kl doors) in public places. Shops will ensure physical distancing among customers and will not allow more than five persons at one time.
- Gatherings- large public gatherings/congregations continue to remain prohibited. Marriage related gatherings – Number of guests not to exceed 50. Funeral last rites related gatherings – number of persons not to exceed 50.
- Spitting in public places will be punishable with fine.
- Consumption of liquor, Pan, tobacco, etc in public places is prohibited.
Additional directives for workplace
- Work from home (WFH)– as far as possible the practice of Work from Home should be followed. Staggering of work/business hours will be followed in offices, workplaces, shops, markets and industrial & commercial establishments.
- Screening and hygiene– provision for thermal scanning, hand wash, and sanitizer will be made at all entry and exit points and common areas.
- Frequent sanitization of entire workplace, common facilities, and all points which come into human contact e.g. door handles, etc. will be ensured, including between shifts.
- Social distancing- all persons in charge of workplaces will ensure the adequate distance between workers, adequate gaps between shills, staggering the lunch breaks of staff, etc.
In Municipal Corporations of MMR Region including MCGM, Municipal Corporations of Pune, Solapur, Aurangabad, Malegaon, Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Akola, Amravati, and Nagpur following activities are permitted with restriction as specified in the Orders issued from time to time:-
- All essential shops which are allowed to remain open before this order shall continue to do so.
- All non-essential shops will be allowed to continue. All non-essential markets, market areas & shops except malls and market complexes will remain open from 9 am to 5 pm. Liquor shops will continue to operate if permitted, home delivery or otherwise.
- E-commerce activity for essential as well as non-essential items & material.
- All the industrial units which are presently open will continue to operate.
- All construction sites (Public/Private) are allowed to remain open and operational. All such pre-monsoon works (Public and Private) are allowed.
- Home delivery restaurants / Kitchen.
- Online/ distance learning and related activities.
- All Government offices (excluding Emergency. health & Medical, treasuries. disaster management, police. NIC, food & Civil Supply. FCI. N.Y.K. Municipal Services to function with 15% strength or 15 persons whichever is higher.
- All private offices can operate up to 10% strength or 10 people. whichever is more
- Movement of people is allowed in the following manner- Taxi/Cab/aggregator Only essential 1 + 2, Rickshaw Only essential 1 + 2, Four Wheeler Only essential 1 + 2, Two-wheeler Only essential One Rider.
- Activities related to self-employed people like plumbers. electricians, pest-control, and technicians.
- Garages to mend vehicles and workshops with prior appointments
The inter-district movement of persons within the area of Municipal Corporations under the MMR (Mumbai Metropolitan Region) for the essential activities and office purposes. For shopping purposes, people are expected to use only nearby neighborhood markets only. Long-distance travel for non-essential items will not be permitted.
- Marriage related gatherings on open spaces, lawns, bon Air-conditioned halls as mentioned in Order dated 23 lune 2020.
- Outdoor Physical Activities with restrictions.
- Printing and Distribution of newspapers (including home delivery)
- The offices/Staff of Educational institutions (Universities/ Colleges, Schools) for the purpose of non-teaching purposes including development of e-content, evaluation of answer sheets and declaration of results
- Barber Shops. Spa, Saloons, Beauty Parlors with conditions as permitted by State government.
- Any other allowed and permitted activity by any specific general order.
(With inputs from thelivenagpur)