Nagpur Municipal Commissioner Tukaram Mundhe announced on Friday that a ‘Janta Curfew’ will be imposed in the Nagpur city on Saturday and Sunday (July 25 and 26) in a bid to control the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Mundhe said essential services will continue to remain functional during the weekend Janata Curfew.
The announcement came a day after the Nagpur district reported 172 new cases of COVID-19. Now, a total of 3,465 people have been infected with the novel coronavirus in Nagpur.
The local administration said three more people died from the disease on Thursday. So far, 64 people have died from COVID-19 in the Nagpur district since the disease emerged.
According to a press release issued by the district information office, 100 more patients were discharged from hospitals in the district yesterday, taking the total number of cured cases to 2,213.
(with inputs with TimesNowNews)