Apart from government hospitals, private hospitals have also been approved to treat patients with Covid-19. The 16 private hospitals in Nagpur have now become fully coveted hospitals and a total of 1876 beds have been made available in this entire hospital.
Orders in this regard have been issued recently. Nagpur Municipal Commissioner Tukaram Mundhe has issued separate orders for all the hospitals and recognized them as COVID Hospitals. A total of 1876 beds are available in these hospitals. There are 256 beds in the intensive care unit. There are 997 oxygen beds and 623 non-oxygen beds. The entire hospital has a total of 90 ventilators.
It will remain COVID Hospital now
The 16 hospitals recognized as COVID Hospital include Orange City Hospital and Research Center, Savarkar Chowk (150 beds), Seven Star Hospital, Jagannade Chowk (105), Shree Bhavani Multispeciality Hospital and Research Institute, Hospital, Ganga, Punapur. Ramdaspeth (105), Sri Radhakrishna Hospital and Research Institute, East Vardhman Nagar (150), Lata Mangeshkar Hospital, Sitabardi (150), Kunal Hospital, Mankapur (100), Hope Hospital, Teka Naka (100), Central Hospital, Ramdas 50), Wockhardt Hospital, Gandhinagar (45), Radiance Hospital, Vardhman Nagar (65), Wockhardt Hospital, North Ambazari Road (118), Near Kingsway Hospital, Kasturchand Park (228), Alexis Multispeciality Hospital (Pvt. ), New Era Hospital, Telephone Exchange Chowk (100), Whims Hospital (100).
What are the responsibilities of hospitals?
Hospitals that are now recognized as the new COVID Hospital have certain responsibilities towards each patient who comes to the hospital. The first duty of the hospital will be to treat any patient who comes to the hospital, if it is severe, to treat him first, if necessary, to put him on a ventilator and to stabilize the patient. Patients who have third party insurance should be treated and referred by the hospital to the insurance companies for claims. As per the government circular, 80% of the beds should be reserved and the bill should be charged at the rate fixed by the government. Patients coming to the hospital should be admitted there till the completion of these beds. Only then should 20% of the beds be billed at the hospital rate.
Central call center
Patients are confused about where to go and which hospital to seek treatment for after a positive test. However, Nagpur Municipal Corporation has now made this arrangement centrally. The centralized call center has been made operational by expanding the existing COVID call center in the municipality. Its number is 0712-2567021. The patient who tested positive should first inform the concerned number. From there they will be given guidance on home isolation or hospital treatment.
Through this call center, citizens will be informed about the number of beds available in private hospitals and government hospitals, where they can be recruited. The responsibility of this call center lies with Dr. Lad and other government employees. Municipal Commissioner Tukaram Mundhe inspected the Central Call Center on Wednesday (19). He hoped that the system would alleviate the suffering of the patients and remove the confusion about where to seek treatment after coming back positive. He was accompanied by Additional Commissioner Jalaj Sharma, Ram Joshi, Medical Health Officer Dr. Yogendra Sawai was present.
34 COVID test center
A person who has COVID-like symptoms or who has come in contact with a positive patient is required to be tested immediately.
For this, the corporation has set up 34 zone-wise COVID test centers.
RT-PCR testing is available at six COVID test centers. RTPCR The centers where the test was conducted include
- Police Training Center (RPTS),
- Law College Hostel,
- Ravi Bhavan,
- Morris College Hostel,
- Pachpavli Police Colony and Raj Nagar.
The test will continue here from 10 am to 2 am. The other centers include
- Jayatala Primary Health Center,
- Futala, Telangkhedi,
- Hazari Pahad Primary Health Center,
- Babulkheda Primary Health Center,
- Nandanvan Primary Health Center,
- Bidipeth Urban Primary Health Center,
- Mominpura Primary Health Center,
- Bhaldarpura Primary Health Center,
- Jagnath Budhwari Primary Health Center. Shantinagar Primary Health Center,
- Deputy Signal Primary Health Center,
- Pardi Primary Health Center,
- Indora Primary Health Center,
- Zingabai Takli Primary Health Center,
- Hudkeshwar Primary Health Center,
- Narsala Primary Health Center,
- Somalwada Primary Health Center,
- Gorewada Primary Health Center,
- Manewada Primary Health Center Kendra,
- Nara Primary Health Center,
- Kapil Nagar Primary Health Center,
- Mehndibagh Primary Health Center,
- Shendenagar Primary Health Center,
- Diagnostic Center Mahal Primary Health Center, Tribal Boys Hostel Kalmana,
- Cotton Market Primary Health Center,
- K.T. Nagar Primary Health Center
(With Inputs from NMC)